Monday, November 2, 2009

On Being Studious

I'm writing this blog post from the second floor of the bus on the way to New York City. Soft gray clouds hang low over the forest that spreads away from both sides of the four-lane highway. The fall has been especially yellow here this year. Or maybe I've just forgotten how fall is in Boston- this is the first fall I've spent in New England since high school.

Yesterday I did my second interview with Ellie. We talked a lot about what it is that makes a new place exciting, and agreed that it is exploring. I then realized that I haven't had as much time to explore Boston as I would like to. I'm torn between getting as much out the BU advertising program as I can – which means dedicating most of my time to work – and taking more time to go out in Boston.

Most of the space in the small bag I packed is filled by my computer. Like many students, I tried valiantly all week to get ahead in my workload. And like many students, I still have unfinished assignments to complete. If I'm as productive on this bus ride as I hope to be, I will finally have a work-free weekend, even if it's not in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment