Friday, October 2, 2009

Go Caps!

Last night when a friend texted me, “GO CAPS!!!!”, I thought he was referring to capital letters. I never have been one to get too excited about sports. A Redsox game just means an increase in traffic, and I would have to think really hard to name one player on the Patriots team. Just to be on the safe side, I’ll keep my guesses to myself.

I played field hockey and lacrosse in high school. I enjoyed playing and was friends with my teammates. I would cheer them as they played, wear ribbons in my hair on game days, and sign everyone’s shirt at the end of each season.

Yet, somehow, I’m starting to feel a greater team comraderie here in the School of Communications than I felt back at Natick High School. In particular, the advertising program has a real sense of “team spirit.” In two of my classes, professors have mentioned that our group is more social and friendly than groups in the past. Communications students outside of advertising have told me that “the advertising kids” always seem to be hanging out, and that they wished people in their program were more friendly- like us.

I am proud to be one of “the advertising kids,” as well as happy and thankful that we are all getting along. Go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment