Friday, October 16, 2009

Tequila Rain Take Two

Last night was Tequila Rain mixer take two. Instead of just MIT and Boston University, students from Emerson, Bentley, Boston College, Harvard, Babson, Northeastern and Brandeis were all invited.

I went to the first Tequila Rain mixer with some fellow advertising students. When we walked in the door, we were each handed a playing card from a red deck. The doorman explained that in order to get our free drink, we had to find the person from MIT who had the same card from a blue deck. Within minutes of arriving, I found my card match – A French girl named Fanny. I was eager to practice French, talk about France or really just share my excitement for France with someone - we hit it off immediately. I ended up dancing with her and her MIT friends for most of the evening.

I saw Fanny last night for the first time since then. We met for dinner in Kendall Square and then took a shuttle over to Tequila Rain with some other MIT students. They were surprised to learn that I go to BU, and joked that I was “the token BU girl.” I'm happy to have made some more friends on my side of the river, and I hope to be “the token BU girl” again soon.

1 comment: